Friday 24 February 2012

Tufted Furniture

Hi, I just love tufted furniture!! The classic Chesterfield sofa has long been a favourite of mine - even back to childhood I recall thinking how wonderful those lounges were. It's a funny feeling to think about now, something I still love today that sparks those childhood memories.

Did you know it is rumoured the Chesterfield Sofa was first commissioned by PhilipStanhope the 4th Earl of Chesterfield (1694-1773) with its distinctive deep buttoned, quilted leather upholstery and low seat. Apparently there is no definative answer as to when it was actually first designed. This is good enough for me. I know it's been around for a very long time and it  has inspired so many more fabulous designs since. Here's some gorgeous images to lose yourself in - what do you think? Are you a fan of tufted furniture?

via Belle Maison

via Decoraltuma

Room by Dorothy Draper

via Ana Antunes Home Styling Blog

via Belle Maison

via Belle Maison

via Belle Maison

via Belle Maison

via Belle Maison

via Belle Maison - I just love this image!

via Daily Dream Decor

via Daily Dream Decor

via Decor8 Blog

via Decor8 blog

via Metropolitan Home

via House Crush

via House of Turquoise Blog

via J Simply Live Blog


If I have used an image from a designer that has not been properly credited please let me know so I can amend the details. Thank you, Jodie

No comments:

01 10